Sunday, November 30, 2014

Focus – Finding Jesus’ Love in Everything and Everyone

Focus – November 20 – Finding Jesus’ Love in Everything and Everyone

Open with a silent pray that the Holy Spirit uses these words as He sees fitting for each one of us.

Ok, here I go being brave again.  I’m going to let you all into a little bit of the craziness that is Jennifer Dwyer.  You are going to find out something super silly about me.

Lately, I’ve been tossing around thoughts about the message that we are ALL the body of Christ.  We all make up His hand and feet.  I’ve heard this message repeated over and over again that we all have Jesus living inside of us.  I’ve made it a personal mission to try to find Jesus in everyone I encounter.  I must admit that at times it is difficult for me.  I am very human, and I often times let my human irritability and emotions take over and cloud my view of Jesus in the world in every human being. 

I have to frequently remind myself of something we studied this week (Lamentations 3:21-22), When my struggling is at its worst, I have to remember these words often.  They are some of the few highlighted and underlined verses in my bible. Every line of the bible is so special, I have trouble underlining and highlighting much, I reserve that for only the most special verses that I need to regularly be reminded about.

The LORD’s acts of mercy are not exhausted, his compassion is not spent;
They are renewed each morning—great is your faithfulness!

Just when I lose hope in myself, I look to my Lord and see his great and infinite mercy.  His inexhaustible mercy that is renewed each day in each and every one of us.  He works in us and through us, even when we aren’t paying any attention.  Sometimes, we do His work without even realizing it ourselves. 

Lately, I’ve been working on some techniques to keep Jesus in my view at all times.  One of the ways I love to do this is through music.  I spend special time in prayer conversing with Jesus through songs.  I enjoy almost all types of music, with only a few exceptions.  One of my favorite things to do, right in line with this year’s Cornerstone study, is to try to listen for prophetic messages in everyday things and everyday people.  To see Jesus shining through other’s words and actions.  Today, I’d like to share an example of this with you.  There is a pop song out right now, by Justin Timberlake, called “Not a Bad Thing.”  When this song comes on the radio, I imagine that my sweetest love is singing right to my heart and soul.  Just to clarify, I’m talking about Jesus, not Justin!    

I’m going to read you a couple verses of the song, then throw in some of my silly bantering commentary with Jesus that typically occurs in my head, and on rare occasions out loud, while I am listening to the song play on the radio.

 "Not A Bad Thing"

[Verse 1:]
Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow
And every tomorrow, maybe you'll let me borrow your heart
And is it too much to ask for every Sunday
And while we're at it, throw in every other day to start

(Oh Jesus, I love that you want to see me everyday!  Sunday’s aren’t too much to ask, I’d love to see you every second of everyday, please give me the grace to keep my sights set on you)

[Pre-Chorus:]
I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it

(My Lord, you are always there for me, this world is so painful at times, your healing heart is so needed, please heal me of my brokenness, Lord.  Please help me believe I am worth it, thank you for not stopping loving me, healing me, and showering me with your mercy.)

[Chorus:]
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
'Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true, with me
Spent all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

(Lord Jesus, you are making my dreams comes true, thank you for loving me so much!  The world at time acts like it is a bad thing to love you, help us all see the unfailing beauty of your love for us all.  Your love is free and your mercy is endless, help us to seek you out more and more each day)

[Verse 2:]
Now how about I'd be the last voice you hear tonight?
And every other night for the rest of the nights that there are
Every morning I just wanna see you staring back at me
'Cause I know that's a good place to start

(I seek to hear your voice everyday Lord in every way and in everyone I encounter.  Please give me the grace to keep my focus on you Lord, I want you to be the first voice I hear in the morning and the last voice I hear at night.  Help me see you in every face that stares back at me)

[Bridge:]
No I won't fill your mind
With broken promises and wasted time
And if you fall, you'll always land right in these arms
These arms of mine

(Lord, your promises are so good and so true.  You always catch me when I fall.  Thank you so much my sweet Jesus!  I love you!)


I feel like Justin is prophetically spreading Jesus message of continuous, true, unfailing, unconditional, and healing love.  I need to hear this message over and over again.  It seems the times when I need it the most the song plays on the radio.  Justin probably doesn’t realize how God is using him, but I can see it, and am so very thankful.


Thank you all for spending a few moments with me while I share my silly little pray technique with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment