Monday, December 19, 2011

I Believe

The past few weeks, I have been reading Henry and George a bible story about Jesus' life at bedtime.  Last night, we read two staories about Jesus raising children from the dead.  After the second story, Henry looked at me very seriously and said, "Mama, do you think Jesus actually did these things?"  The question stopped me in my tracks.  What an awesome question.  I stopped for a minute, to find the right words to express to Henry how I felt about his question.  I said, "Henry, I do believe Jesus did these miracles, I'm not sure that it can ever be proven that He did, but I still believe they happened."  Henry then asked, "How could He do these kinds of things?"    To which I replied, "He did them by fully trusting God, if we trust God we can do great things too."   Thank you Henry for being so inquisitive and helping me remember the power of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment