Monday, November 21, 2011

All People are Created Equal


This weekend I have a continuing theme in the messages I am hearing.  Church, friends, family, and life experiences all seem to be saying the same things to me this week.

All people are equal, we all just human beings living in a world with many challenges.  We all have experiences that shape us into our true selves.  We all have our own God moments.  Moments when we realize that we are only human and in order to make it through the challenges, we need a Greater Power to give us strength.   Furthermore, we need to be caring for ourselves, as well as our fellow neighbors in need.  My random thoughts on my recent messages.....
  • We have no control over the things that we are given, we just save to be faithful followers and believe that we will not be given anything we can not handle.  What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.
  • We need to love everyone - our loved ones and our enemies (those who are hardest for us to love).
  • Everyone of us is only human - the President of the United States and the homeless man in your town are both equal in the eyes of the Lord.  We need to treat everyone with a sense of love, and never be afraid to approach anyone with our love.
  • We will be judged by how we treat the needy in our community.  The ones with special needs, the poor in spirit (not "poor" in our societies terms, but "poor" in God's terms), the hungry, the homeless, etc.
  • We are all a temple of the Holy Spirit, and as such, we are the living body of Christ.  We need to treat everyone on Earth with the same kind of love we would treat our Savior in Heaven.
Wow, this is powerful stuff!  I feel I have a lifetime of work ahead of me to fulfill the two primary commandments of my God, to love Him with all my heart and all my mind, and love my neighbor as myself.

I'm thankful for the gift of these messages and the hope that I may have a hand in making this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment