Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Faith, Hope, and Love

 When I was an adolescent, I attended only one church camp. It was a very interesting experience. I know now, that this camp gave me a jewel that I have forever treasured. I have thought about a bible verse that I was "assigned" to memorize. It has stuck with me throughout the years as a cornerstone in my life. The verse is 1 Corinthians 13:13 (this is how I remember learning it) "now abided by faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these three is love" 

I feel like I have used this saying to guide my life. I am abided by faith, hope, and love. I will forever be on a journey that contains all three of these elements. There is an endless amount of thinking and writing that can be done on these three simple words. Faith, Hope, and Love.

Thank you God for these supreme gifts. Without them, there wouldn't be much to strive for in this life. Specifically, in this world. I feel blessed to have been given this jewel to forever treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment